All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $101.91
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
About this product
- DescriptionYou can use the emotional power of books to help young readers develop strength, happiness, and confidence. Author Sandra Kitain has identified many of the best books that deal with the tough topics kids face in today's world, including divorce, death, moving, sibling rivalry, fire, substance abuse, friendship, multiculturalism, separation anxiety, and more. Each entry includes: a book talk to engage young readers; an activity to help them understand and personalize the topic; and discussion questions to aid in the emotional development of elementary school readers. Kitain also encourages involvement with dramatic arts, movement, and music to build student confidence and a lifelong love of reading. Shelf Esteem fills two critical library needs. It's a valuable reader's advisory resource to help you connect children with the right books at the right times. It's also a powerful resource for collection development and programming for both public and school libraries.
- Author(s)Sandra Kitain
- PublisherNeal-Schuman Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2008
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNeal-Schuman Publishers Inc
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.