Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.66Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe eighth vel in the beloved Mitford series, by the bestselling author of At Home in Mitford and Somebody Safe with Somebody Good Millions of Americans have found Mitford to be a favorite home-away-from-home, and countless readers have long wondered what Christmas in Mitford would be like. The eighth Mitford vel provides a glimpse, offering a meditation on the best of all presents: the gift of one's heart.Since he was a boy, Father Tim has lived what he calls the life of the mind and has never really learned to savor the work of his hands. When he finds a derelict nativity scene that has suffered the indignities of time and neglect, he imagines the excitement in the eyes of his wife, Cynthia, and decides to undertake the daunting task of restoring it. As Father Tim begins his journey, readers are given a seat at Mitford's holiday table and treated to a magical tale about the true Christmas spirit.
- Author BiographyJan Karon, born Janice Meredith Wilson in the foothills of North Carolina, was named after the title of a popular novel, Janice Meredith.Jan wrote her first novel at the age of ten. The manuscript was written on Blue Horse notebook paper, and was, for good reason, kept hidden from my sister. When she found it, she discovered the one curse word I had, with pounding heart, included in someone's speech. For Pete's sake, hadn't Rhett Butler used that very same word and gotten away with it? After my grandmother's exceedingly focused reproof, I've written books without cussin' ever since. Several years ago, Karon left a successful career in advertising to move to the mountain village of Blowing Rock, North Carolina, and write books. I stepped out on faith to follow my lifelong dream of being an author, she says. I made real sacrifices and took big risks. But living, it seems to me, is largely about risk. Enthusiastic booksellers across the country have introduced readers of all ages to Karon's heartwarming books. At Home in Mitford, Karon's first book in the Mitford series, was nominated for an ABBY by the American Booksellers Association in 1996 and again in 1997. Bookstore owner, Shirley Sprinkle, says, The Mitford Books have been our all-time fiction bestsellers since we went in business twenty-five years ago. We've sold 10,000 of Jan's books and don't see any end to the Mitford phenomenon.
- Author(s)Jan Karon
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Series TitleBeloved Mitford
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width148 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine15 mm
Most relevant reviews
- john.dallow110 May, 2015by
Bought for the wife
I bought it for my Wife.Good Value, Good Value, Good Value, Good Value, Good Value, Good Value, Good Value, Good Value, Good Value, Good Value, Good Value, Good Value,
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.18Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.