All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe old-time shepherd - lamb in one hand, crook in the other - is an emblem of sturdiness, dependability and independence. He was one of the most important men on the farm, responsible for the care and well-being of the flock, with which he might need to spend days and nights out in open pastures. How did he manage his charges and his own life? What skills and equipment did he use? How did sheep farming change in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, and what effect did those changes have on the shepherd's work? These are some of the questions considered by this fully illustrated exploration of shepherding life.
- Author BiographyJonathan Brown is an Honorary Fellow of the Museum of Rural Life in Reading. He is the author of several books, including Steam on the Farm.
- Author(s)Jonathan Brown
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/02/2013
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleShire Library
- Series Part/Volume Number732
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Note35 b/w; 35 col
- Weight149 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.