All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCat Urbigkit journeys alone to spend a season on Wyoming's open range tending to a herd of domestic sheep as they give birth amid the challenges of nature - from severe weather to a wealth of predators. Her only companions are the livestock guardian animals (BIG dogs and a pair of burros named Bill and Hillary!) that repeatedly prove their worth in devotion to protecting the herd. Urbigkit offers interesting reflections on the role of pastoralists around the globe and on the controversial issue in the Western US of private livestock herds being run on public lands. The intimate ways in which abstract public policy plays out on the open range is eye-opening. More than a tale of herding sheep, Shepherds of Coyote Rocks is an action-packed true story that reveals the broad spectrum of the human relationship with nature, from harmony to rugged adventure.
- Author BiographyAward-winning author and photographer Cat Urbigkit's home base is on a western Wyoming ranch. She is a correspondent for a variety of media in the western region and a contributing writer to Stephen Bodio's Querencia blog.
- Author(s)Cat Urbigkit
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication18/01/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCountryman Press Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight560 g
- Width147 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.