All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.57Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $12.99
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
About this product
- DescriptionSherlock Holmes and Doctor John Watson are returning to London from Bucharest after the great detective has interceded in a delicate matter relating to the Rumanian Royal House. As they depart from Bucharest they receive their mail forwarded from London. Doctor Watson opens a distressing letter from his niece, Mina, w living in Budapest with her young husband, Jas, a newly qualified lawyer. It seems that the young man has t returned from a business assignment in Transylvania. Holmes advises that he and Watson should postpone their return to Baker Street. Watson wires ahead and they are met at the station by Mina and her friend, Lucy Westenra. Holmes is duly intrigued by their stay overnight at the home of Dr Westenra in the grounds of the asylum of which Dr Westenra is the Administrator. Holmes suspects that letters from the young lawyer may have been forged, or written under duress. Next day they set off for Castle Dracula.
- Author BiographyGERRY O'HARA began his career as a cub reporter on a provincial newspaper at the age of fourteen. When Michael Powell brought his film unit to town to film scenes for the war-time movie ONE OF OUR AIRCRAFT IS MISSING, Gerry followed them back to London and began a second career which lasted some fifty years. He was assistant director on films as diverse as OLD MOTHER RILEY AT HOME to Olivier's RICHARD THE THIRD: from THE LOYAL HEART, starring FLEET the sheepdog to Preminger's EXODUS. From STRYKER OF THE YARD to Tony Richardson's TOM JONES. In the mid-sixties he made his debut as a screen writer and director of several critically acclaimed (and panned!) movies before moving into television, writing or directing episodes of T.V. classics like THE AVENGERS and THE PROFESSIONALS. He wrote the adaptation of the book, OPERATION JULIE, which was aired on three consecutive nights, a first for U.K.TV, with a nightly audience of thirteen million viewers. He has taught film writing at film schools in London, Sydney and Llublyana. The British Film Institute have recently released several of his films on DVD, according him cult status for his 1969 movie ALL THE RIGHT NOISES, starring Tom Bell, Olivia Hussey and Judy Carne. His first film as writer/director, THE PLEASURE GIRLS starring Francesca Annis, Ian Mcshane and Klaus Kinski has been taught in film schools in the USA. SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE AFFAIR IN TRANSYLVANIA is his first book. He has plans for a couple of follow-ups, a Chandler style thriller, and a biography.
- Author(s)Gerry O'Hara
- PublisherMX Publishing
- Date of Publication17/10/2011
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMX Publishing
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.