All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.47
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.17
About this product
- DescriptionThree new Sherlock Holmes adventures by Seamus Duffy. When three people are murdered in London in The Adventure of the Soho Picture Gallery, the murders are accompanied by unmistakable symbols of ritualism. Holmes's trail leads to a respected peer of the realm and he unearths a web of vice, deception, and intrigue beneath Victorian society's respectable veneer. The Adventure of the Edmonton Horror offers a case which causes the wildest speculation, and which seems destined to join the apocrypha in Holmes's 'uncommonplace book' - a collection of the strangest and most mysterious occurrences ever recorded in the capital. Is it a matter for a detective, a clergyman, or an occultist? In The Adventure of the Rotherhithe Ship-breakers, Holmes tracks down a would-be assassin, yet one is certain whom the bullet was meant for. The investigation leads Holmes to one of the foulest, most dangerous corners of riverside London, a criminal plague spot which even the locals call the Four Corners of Hell.
- Author BiographySeamas Duffy lives and works in Glasgow. He is a member of the Sherlock Holmes Society of Scotland, author of Sherlock Holmes in Paris (Black Coat Press, 2013), and wrote the Foreword to The Aggravations of Minnie Ashe, by Cyril Kersh, (Valancourt Books, 2014). He is currently completing The Tenants of Cinnamon Street, a historical crime fiction novel set in 1811, during the Napoleonic wars. It is based on a real, eccentric, Bow Street Magistrate called Aaron Graham who investigated the Ratcliff Highway Murders, and provides a fictional solution (and some fictional clues) to the continuing mystery of who killed the victims and why.
- Author(s)Seamas Duffy
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Weight567 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementAlabama
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.