All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmong the first tanks ashore on D-Day, the story of the Sherman Crab Flail is told here using rare sources and photographs. The 'Crab' proved its worth both in its mine-clearing role and as a fighting machine, this title recounts some of its more glorious moments with the famous British 79th Armoured Division and the US Army. From the beginnings of the design in the Matilda Scorpion and Baron flails, developed for the Valentine and M3 Grant tanks, through to the Sherman and particularly the Crab version; this is a detailed exploration of the history of this powerful and invative machine and the deadly mines it faced.
- Author BiographyDavid Fletcher was born in 1942. He has written a number of books and articles on military subjects and is currently the historian at the Tank Museum, Bovington, UK. He has spent over 40 years studying the development of British armored vehicles during the two World Wars. The author lives in Dorset, UK.
- Author(s)David Fletcher
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/10/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleNew Vanguard
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 139
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight190 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tony Bryan
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.