All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a darkly humorous memoir of Jeanne, ambitious and seductive wife of Sherman, the 6th Baron Camoys and heir to the ancient Catholic seat of Stor Park, written by their daughter Julia. Like so many others in English high society during the 1930s, Jeanne was a Nazi sympathiser. She was also mistress of Hitler's foreign minister Joachim von Ribbentrop. Helped by long-suffering staff, she ran Stor during the Second World War with manic intensity and the odd touch of blackmail, fuelled by a steady flow of contraband cigarettes, shooting parties, cardinals and fabulously rich lovers. The result is a frank and often shocking portrait of life amongst the English upper classes.
- Author(s)Julia Camoys Stonor
- PublisherBennett & Bloom
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBennett & Bloom
- Content Note42 b&w illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.