All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.00
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe Canadian Shield is a distinct ecological region that forms the evergreen, granite-studded crown stretching across two-thirds of North America. In size, it approximates western Europe with one percent the number of people. A satellite view of the region on a winter's night shows tiny, widely scattered blips of light-islands of human settlement adrift in a sea of subarctic wilderness. In age, the shield's primeval bedrock dates to the beginning of earthly time. Shield Country unfolds a fascinating story of unrivaled Precambrian geology, of wild rivers and millions of pristine lakes, of an ecological junction where subarctic and arctic climates, plants, birds, and mammals weave a richly textured wilderness fabric.
- Author BiographyJamie Bastedo, former CBC North host and author of Shield Country: The Life and Times of the Oldest Piece of the Planet, Reaching North: A Celebration of the Subarctic and Blue Lake and Rocky Shores, reflects on the charm and mystery of the Canadian Shield. He writes to inform and to inspire, telling a story of place. He lives in Yellowknife, NWT and operates a touring company that takes tourists on tours of the North and also runs an environmental consulting company.
- Author(s)Jamie Bastedo
- PublisherRed Deer Press
- Date of Publication10/09/2002
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleAnthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Deer Press
- Weight590 g
- Width171 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.