All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionIn this eclectic vel aimed for adult readers, two gay men navigate some unexpected trials in their fledgling relationship when one of them takes off on an extraterrestrial contact experience. After Andy Gage disappears from his San Francisco flat in the early hours of a June morning in 1995, his boyfriend of three months, Richard Lang, is frantic to find him. When his search takes him to the slopes of Mount Shasta ten hours later, the couples' mind boggling metaphysical multidimensional adventure together is only the beginning. ...Andy Gage thought he knew who he was. He knew he was an empath, too often in synch with and in tune to the feelings of others. And because of it, he knew he had difficulty recognizing and trusting his own feelings. Andy knew there was more to All There Is than this three dimensional reality we live in. He was a survivor: an outrageous and outraged gay man in his late thirties who had fled his Midwestern upbringing in Indiana and gay life in Chicago to start over in San Francisco. He had lost a lover to AIDS. And though still HIV negative himself, he was resisting Love in the form of the ardent advances of Richard Lang. He knew the only happy endings were in the classic movies of Hollywood's Golden Age that he loved and into which he escaped as often as possible. He didn't suspect that he had a few wake up calls coming. The story of Andy's awakenings takes place in 1995 San Francisco, it could have taken place yesterday, it could have happened in any other place or time, but it didn't.
- Author BiographyThis is Jerry Thomas Boyd's first novel. It started as a short story in a writing class back in San Francisco in 1995. Jerry Boyd knows who he is. He knows as a writer he is merely a dilettante. This doesn't bother him. He only wanted to tell an entertaining tale from a metaphysical perspective. He lives in his home state of Indiana and is unlawfully married to a man and happier than he's ever been in his life. His own story could have happened in any other time or place but it didn't.
- Author(s)Jerry Thomas Boyd
- PublisherSynchronicity Press
- Date of Publication18/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSynchronicity Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.