All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe architectural style of the classic American summer, the shingled house can suggest the beach, the countryside, the mountains, and even the city. AD100 architects Ike Kligerman Barkley, one of the most successful firms practicing in a traditional style today, presents 14 houses that celebrate the simple wood shingle s infinite flexibility ranging from richly historic to sculptural and experimental. The New Shingled House includes examples throughout the fabled seaside resorts of New England Martha s Vineyard, Block Island, and the Hamptons as well as houses in California s Bay Area and Point Loma, on a pristine mountain lake in South Carolina, and a Scandinavian influenced family residence in Connecticut. All are characterized by a sense of graciousness and generosity that makes them unique spaces for the owners and enviable spaces for readers. The versatility of the shingle style allows the designers to explore formal ideas and to respond to client preferences and taste. The houses thus achieve the architects fundamental goal: when their clients enter their new house for the first time, they should feel as though they have always lived there. This stunning visual presentation features new photography by ted interiors photographer William Waldron, who has captured the graciousness and generosity of the elegant interiors and welcoming porches and terraces that make these houses so inviting and timeless.
- Author BiographyJohn Ike, Thomas A. Kligerman, and Joel Barkley have been in partnership for twenty-five years. Their firm, Ike Kligerman Barkley, is widely recognized for residential design, both through features in Architectural Digest, Elle Decor, Coastal Living, and other national publications, and through the prestigious Julia Morgan and Stanford White Awards from the Institute of Classical Art and Architecture.
- Author(s)John Ike,Thomas A. Kligerman
- PublisherMonacelli Press
- Date of Publication20/10/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMonacelli Press
- Content Note225 illustrations
- Weight2059 g
- Width254 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.