All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionIn his bestselling debut tell-all Cruise Confidential, cruise ship insider Brian David Bruns revealed why he was the only American in Carnival Cruise Lines history to complete a full eight-month contract in their restaurants. Returning with his award-winning wit and delightfully candid narrative voice, Brian brings us the first and only expose of art auctioneering on the mighty liners, where the tenet of 'what happens at sea, stays at sea' has always been observed-until w. Ship for Brains takes on cruise ship art auctioneers, a society brimming with odd personalities drawn to the stress and isolation that invariably lead to alcohol and a Hell-may-care attitude. According to Bruns, They willingly give up home and family in favor of high-paced, crushing sales goals demanded while port-hopping from nation to nation; art auctioneers are undermined by the lash of tyrannical ship officers, unforgiving gallery managers, hyena-like trainers, and a skeptical public. The burn-out rate is phemenal-but when it works, you are king of the world. Brian's true-life struggle turns both harrowing and hilarious when goaded by the lecherous but mighty auctioneer Bill Shatner, and he must navigate sexy dancers and their all-to-intimate cliques, the slapstick schemes of his mentors, and the seduction of success, all while staying true to his girl and himself. We are transported from the Caribbean to the Pacific and Costa Rica to Transylvania as our likable guide vividly describes his many misadventures, triumphs, flirtations, and, above all, his amusing and astute insights into human nature. Ship for Brains-this ain't galley tour.
- Author BiographyBrian David Bruns is a best-selling and award-winning author whose books have been lauded by the Travel Channel, Today Show, and USA Today, among other prestigious publications. Brian's Cruise Confidential book series-by the only American in the history of Carnival Cruise Lines to endure a full contract in the ships' restaurants-earned his being featured in ABC's 20/20 special edition, the aptly-named Cruise Ship Confidential, seen by 7.61 million viewers. When not writing Brian strives for adventure. He has traveled to 50 nations, biked the 500 miles across his native state of Iowa, bagged a bunch of America's most prominent peaks, and run some decidedly off-the-wall marathons. His latest passion is for the mayhem of obstacle-filled mud runs. By far the best, however, is hiking with his wife of five years, Aurelia. They currently live in Las Vegas.
- Author(s)Brian David Bruns
- PublisherWorld Waters
- Date of Publication30/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleCruise Confidential
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWorld Waters
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited bySteve Urban
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.