Shirl: The Life of Legendary Larrikin Graeme 'Shirley' Strachan by Jeff Apter (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.00+ postage
- Good condition
- Sold by koraleigh
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionChippie, surfie, glam rocker in bib 'n' braces, kids show host, breakfast DJ and straight-talking superstar, Graeme Ronald Strachan was many things to many people. But he was always 'Shirley', from the time his teenage surfie mates re-christened him to the day he died in a helicopter crash in2001, aged 49. In the 1970s, out front of trailblazing Melbourne rockers Skyhooks, Shirley was the voice and face of such massive hits as 'Horror Movie' and 'Ego is Not a Dirty Word', as well as his breakout solo smash, the ballad 'Every Little Bit Hurts'. When his desire for the rock and roll spotlightfaded, Shirley moved into other, equally successful ventures: host of the long-running children's show Shirl's Neighbourhood, presenter on home re program Our House, and Brisbane breakfast DJ. Written with the support of his widow Sue Strachan, Skyhooks bandmate Greg Macainsh, and others, Shirl is the first biography of a cut-the-crap, bullshit-free Aussie original, a renaissance man who during his short life enjoyed several hugely successful careers (and a few laughs along the way).
- Author BiographyJeff Apter has been writing about music and popular culture for more than 20 years. He is the music contributor to Vogue Australia and spent several years as Music Editor with Australian Rolling Stone magazine. His books include the bestselling Together Alone: The story of the Finn brothers, Chasing the Dragon: The life and death of Marc Hunter, and A Little Bird Told Me a with Kasey Chambers.
- Author(s)Jeff Apter
- PublisherHardie Grant Books
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationSouth Yarra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHardie Grant Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight380 g
- Width157 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.