All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo me, bad taste is what entertainment is all about. If someone vomits watching one of my films, it's like getting a standing ovation. Thus begins John Waters's autobiography. And what a story it is. Opening with his upbringing in Baltimore ( Charm City as dubbed by the tourist board the hairdo capital of the world as dubbed by Waters), it covers his friendship with his muse and leading lady, Divine, detailed accounts of how Waters made his first movies, stories of the circle of friends/actors he used in these films, and finally the sort-of fame he achieves in America. Complementing the text are dozens of fabulous old photographs of Waters and crew. Here is a true love letter from a legendary filmmaker to his friends, family, and fans.
- Author BiographyJohn Waters is an American filmmaker, actor, writer and visual artist best know for his cult films, including Hairspray, Pink Flamingos and Cecil B. DeMented. He is also the author of a memoir, Role Models. He lives in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Author(s)John Waters
- PublisherThunder's Mouth Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2005
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThunder's Mouth Press
- Content NotePhotographs
- Weight466 g
- Width180 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword bySimon Doonan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.