All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionA fabulous collection of the most extravagant and outrageous shoes seen on fashionable women today - from the catwalk to the high street. With an introduction from Malo Blahnik. For centuries, women's shoes have been at the forefront of high fashion. Sandals made of solid gold were found in the royal tombs of ancient Egypt, while in 15th century Venice, women tottered around in chopines with platforms up to a foot high. In China, bound feet were adorned with delicately embroidered and brightly coloured golden lotus shoes. Shoegasm explores the boundless creativity still at work in shoe design today. From Kobi Levi's 'double boots' created exclusively for Lady Gaga to the radical creations of bridge architect Julian Hakes, this is a showcase of the most spectacular shoes from Alexander McQueen to Vivienne Westwood and beyond. This lavishly illustrated book investigates the most extravagant and exciting examples of this truly wearable art.
- Author BiographyLongtime book editor and author Clare Anthony marvels at the imagination, engineering, and craftsmanship that go into creating a gorgeous pair of extreme high heels, even if she does prefer to walk around in comfy flats herself. The editor of two books on fashion, she has also written for both adults and children on a variety of subjects.
- Author(s)Dr. Anthony Clare
- PublisherRace Point Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRace Point Publishing
- Content Note150 colour illustrations
- Weight1021 g
- Width286 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.