All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis 1944 World War Two drama tells the story of Anthony, a boy living in a deprived Welsh village, anticipating the arrival of American troops. Suddenly, a German plane crashes into the village mountain. A Polish prisoner-of-war survives and is brought into the community where he builds a close relationship with Anthony. Later, the villagers discover one of the Germans on the plane has survived and is still on the mountain.Joyous, thrilling, and stalgic, Emma Kennedy's Shoes For Anthony will have you wiping your eyes one moment and beaming from ear-to-ear the next. This is a small gem of a vel that reviewers (and readers) will cherish.
- Author BiographyEMMA KENNEDY is the author of several books, including bestsellers The Tent the Bucket and Me and I Left My Tent in San Francisco. She is also an actress and has appeared in many award winning comedies including Goodness Gracious Me, People Like Us, and Miranda. She is the Fun Editor at Tatler, won Celebrity Masterchef in 2012, and is a Guinness World Record holder.
- Author(s)Emma Kennedy
- PublisherThomas Dunne Books
- Date of Publication31/01/2017
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThomas Dunne Books
- Weight481 g
- Width142 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.80
- AU $12.29Trending at AU $17.31
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.