All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMacro photography has been surging in popularity, especially online with social media and internet marketplaces. Readers will learn how to creatively solve common, specific close-up and macro photography problems in a wide range of areas. But while lighting, lenses, equipment and techniques are discussed in detail for each image, so is the creative process. Why compose it in this way? Why is this angle better than ather? Readers will be given guidance so they can answer these questions for their own photography.
- Author BiographyStan Sholik has spent over three decades as a commercial, advertising and illustrative photographer in Orange County, CA. During that time he has developed a national reputation in a wide range of technology-oriented specialties for his clients in the computer, electronics, medical device and food industries. Early in his career he began specializing in closeup/macro photography, motion-simulation and in-camera photocomposition to enhance the images created with his large-format cameras. The acquisition of a high-end computer workstation in 1993 enhanced his capabilities in all of these areas, allowing him to create images that could not be created cost-effectively with the camera alone. He is now working extensively with both 4x5 film and a high-resolution digital capture back for his large-format images and lower-resolution digital cameras for other applications. He has also gained a reputation as a writer on both conventional and digital imaging topics with articles in View Camera, Shutterbug, Professional Photographer, After Capture, Rangefinder and other magazines. His first book, Close-up and Macro Photography Handbook was published by Amherst Media, Inc. in 2000. Stan's second and third books, Photographic Filter Handbook, and Handbook of Digital SLRs were also published by Amherst Media. His latest book, Professional Filter Techniques for Digital Photographers, was published by Amherst in 2006. Self-taught as a photographer, Stan holds a BS degree in Physics and an MA in English from Carnegie Institute of Technology in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Author(s)Stan Sholik
- PublisherAmherst Media
- Date of Publication18/09/2014
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmherst Media
- Content Note1
- Weight395 g
- Width190 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.06
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.27
- AU $10.97Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.84
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.26
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.86
- AU $43.43Trending at AU $48.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.