All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarine Sniper Sgt. Jack Coughlin carried his specially designed bolt action rifle and its nearly magical scope into a landscape of sandstorms, firefights, and chaos during Operation Iraqi Freedom. As marines charged through the desert and leapfrogged through bizarre, treacherous urban battlefields, Coughlin and his sniper teammate did their job and did it well: One by one, they spotted their targets up to a half a mile away. And one by one their targets died. Coughlin has more than 60 confirmed kills.In this extraordinary account from battlefield Iraq, Coughlin tells the story of his own unique war, from stealthy, slowly-unfolding long range kills to unplanned firefights and how one sniper team adapted and thrived in a battle zone unlike any they faced before With vivid portraits of Coughlin's fellow marines and the battles they fought from Al Kut to Baghdad center, SHOOTER takes readers to the frontlines of the war in Iraq and gives a brutally honest account of a man trained to hunt humans, who had the courage to do his deadly job and live with it once the shooting stopped.
- Author BiographyGunnery Sgt. Jack Coughlin was the Marine Corps' highest ranked sniper in the Iraq War. He served with the the Third Battalion, Fourth Marines during the drive to Baghdad and has operated on a wide range of assignments in hot spots around the world. He is co-author of the Kyle Swanson Sniper Novels.Captain Casey S. Kuhlman left the Marines after the Iraq War. He studied at Vanderbilt University Law School, and is now a lawyer and social entrepeneur working in Somaliland.Donald A. Davis is the author of Lightning Strike: The Secret Mission to Kill Admiral Yamamoto and Avenge Pearl Harbor, and numerous other books, including several New York Times bestsellers. He lives outside Boulder, Colorado.
- Author(s)Capt Casey Kuhlman,Donald A Davis,Sgt Jack Coughlin
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width131 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.