All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.37Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early days of World War I, a secret film campaign was brought to the United States. In an effort to control public opinion in this important neutral country, German officials set up the American Correspondent Film Company. As a front man for this covert operation, photographer Albert K. Dawson was sent to Berlin. Dawson's camera covered the troops all the way from Flanders' mud to the gates of Przemysl, Poland. Based on many years of research, the authors have uncovered Dawson's fascinating life and work as a war photographer, as well as his films and the way his pictures were used by the German government for foreign propaganda. The story on Dawson allows us the unique opportunity to follow an American cameraman into the trenches of Armageddon - the Great War.
- Author BiographyRon van Dopperen studied history at the University of Utrecht, Holland, where he wrote his Master of Arts Thesis on the American World War I documentary films (1988). He now works as a communication advisor for the Dutch government. Cooper C. Graham is retired from the Library of Congress where he was a curator in the Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division. He is the author of numerous articles, as well as Leni Riefenstahl's Olympia and (in collaboration) D.W. Griffith and the Biograph Company. Since 2010, the authors have been working on a series of articles for Film History journal on the following American cameramen of World War I: Wilbur H. Durborough, Edwin F. Weigle, Albert K. Dawson and Nelson E. Edwards. New stories have been prepared on Captain Frank E. Kleinschmidt and newsreel photographer Ansel E. Wallace.
- Author(s)Ron Van Dopperen
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.