CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.39
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.67
About this product
- SynopsisFirst published in 1904, The Heart of Happy Hollow features sixteen short stories that provide rare glimpses into the lives of African Americans after the Civil War. Through characters ranging from schemers to preachers, Paul Laurence Dunbar crafted a rare snapshot of long-lost communities and their poignant sensibilities. An author who achieved remarkable versatility, he draws on language that is by turns folksy and formal, capturing vernacular dialects as easily as he delivers a hauntingly poetic scene. In this collection, readers meet an influential entrepreneur who must navigate a treacherous political landscape; a Southern spiritual leader who must learn to accept the mores of his son, who was educated in the North; a reporter who restores hope in Santa Claus for a group of destitute siblings; and a host of other unique men and women giving voice to timeless themes. Written by a visionary whose work has experienced a recent revival among commercial and scholarly audiences alike, The Heart of Happy Hollow will introduce more book lovers to this revered storyteller.
- AuthorPaul Laurence Dunbar
- Edition DescriptionReprint
- SeriesShort Story Index Reprint
- Publication Date1977-06-01
- PublisherAyer Company Publishers, Incorporated
- Publication Year1977
- GroupCollege Audience
- Dewey DecimalFIC
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.