All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrated with rich case examples, this widely used practitioner resource and text presents a range of play approaches that facilitate healing in a shorter time frame. Leading play therapists from diverse theoretical orientations show how to tailor brief interventions to each child's needs. Individual, family, and group treatment models are described and clinical guidelines are provided. Chapters demonstrate ways to rapidly build alliances with children, adolescents, and their caregivers; plan treatment for frequently encountered clinical problems; and get the most out of play materials and techniques. New to This Edition * Incorporates the latest research and clinical developments. * Chapters on additional approaches: Theraplay, combined art and play therapy, Gestalt play therapy, animal-assisted play therapy, child-parent relationship therapy, Floortime, and more. * Chapters on additional clinical problems: grief, sexual behavior problems, and autism spectrum disorder.
- Author BiographyHeidi Gerard Kaduson, PhD, RPT-S, specializes in evaluation and intervention services for children with a variety of behavioral, emotional, and learning problems. She is past president of the Association for Play Therapy and Director of The Play Therapy Training Institute, Inc., in Monroe Township, New Jersey. She has lectured internationally on play therapy, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and learning disabilities. Dr. Kaduson's coedited books with Charles E. Schaefer include 101 Favorite Play Therapy Techniques, 101 More Favorite Play Therapy Techniques, and Contemporary Play Therapy. She maintains a private practice in child psychotherapy in Monroe Township, New Jersey. Charles E. Schaefer, PhD, RPT-S, is Professor Emeritus of Psychology at Fairleigh Dickinson University. He is cofounder and director emeritus of the Association for Play Therapy, which recognized him with its Lifetime Achievement Award. Dr. Schaefer's more than 60 books include Essential Play Therapy Techniques, Short-Term Play Therapy for Children, Third Edition, The Therapeutic Powers of Play, Foundations of Play Therapy, and Play Therapy with Adolescents. He maintains a private practice in child psychotherapy in Hackensack, New Jersey.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication14/06/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCharles E. Schaefer,Heidi Gerard Kaduson
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.