All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $17.64Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionTessie Regan's collection of short stories, poems and quirky illustrations reveal the world as seen through the haze of alcohol addiction, the eccentricity of Asperger's and the ups and downs of an unconventional spiritual journey. Her honest and witty observations tell of moments of elation, confusion and hopeless desperation felt throughout her life, from the backbreaking pursuit of $100 in 'Lawnmower' to contemplating the start of her alcoholism at age 13 in 'The Jumping Off Place.' These brief, insightful accounts paint the truthful, warm-hearted, and wryly humorous portrait of a soul in search of reconciliation. This collection is essential reading for anyone on the autism spectrum dealing with alcoholism, substance addiction or mental health issues, and for their friends and families, as well as the professionals working with them.
- Author BiographyTessie Regan is a recovering alcoholic with Asperger syndrome. She uses writing as therapy. Tessie lives and works in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Author(s)Tessie Regan
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/09/2014
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note10 black and white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.