All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.46
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.12
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough there has been a lot of history and information published and written about Shotokan karate, in many cases, it is incomplete and sometimes inaccurate. It is the author's belief that valuable information should be passed down accurately and compiled in one place for easy reference. In this book, Shotokan Myths, the author has extensively assembled a plethora of information relating to the historical, philosophical, technical, and fundamental aspects of Shotokan karate. He gives straightforward answers to questions that anyone interested in the Japanese martial arts would like to kw as well as more thoughtful and thought-provoking answers to questions that are more insightful. The material covered in this book is simple and straightforward eugh for beginners to understand yet diverse and comprehensive eugh for experienced martial artists to enjoy. The covered topics provoke all martial artists to think about what they kw and challenge them to further rethink or explore their understanding to increase their kwledge. The author has trained with many Shotokan karate masters of old. They had a profound impact on his karate training, and he brings with him this living history. By sharing his thoughts and opinions in this book, he hopes to pass on an accurate history, his own experience, and the kwledge that he gained through his many years of training and teaching to the next generation of karate/martial arts practitioners. The author believes that to study karate is t to merely practice its physical movements but also to understand and respect its history and philosophy as well as to continuously challenge oneself mentally and intellectually. He does t expect you to agree with everything he says but to have an open mind and t accept everything at face value. He expects you to look at things from an informed point of view and make your own decisions.
- Author BiographyShihan Kousaku Yokota, eighth dan, is a professional karateka with extensive experience in various martial arts. With over fifty years of training in Shotokan karate, he specializes in Asai Ryu Bujutsu karate. His wide range of experience includes training in kobudo (nanasetsukon and nunchaku), in the art of ki, and in the breathing method by Nishino Ryu Kikojutsu. He was a member of the JKA for forty years and then joined the JKS for seven years. In 2013, he founded his organization, ASAI (Asai Shotokan Association International [www.asaikarate.com]) to honor Master Tetsuhiko Asai. Shihan Yokota travels extensively around the world to share the knowledge and techniques of Asai Ryu karate. He is also a main contributor at Karate Coaching (www.karatecoaching.com), where he extends his karate teaching through Internet media.
- Author(s)Kousaku Yokota
- PublisherAzami Press
- Date of Publication28/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAzami Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.