All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI had a great great granma. She took Sojourner Truth as her name. I am her great great granddaughter. I am Mama's daughter. I am Lizzie Walker...It is 1950s America, the Deep South; a world on the verge of change but still tainted by everyday injustices and the remnants of slavery. Lizzie and her family long for progress, inspired by their ancestor Sojourner Truth, freedom fighter, and just one of the many heroes the history books forgot. With Sojourner's dreams pumping in their veins they fight their own battles, old and new. But when the fight takes a life, can they summon up her courage and keep dreaming, or will it destroy them? Shouting, Stamping and Singing Home is a production by Polka Theatre aimed at young people aged 12-16. It premieres in October 2006 as part of Black History Month.
- Author BiographyLisa Evans writes for theatre, radio and television. Her original stage plays include Stamping, Shouting and Singing Home, Under Exposure, Crime of the Century, The Shadow of Light and Christmas Without Herods. She has adapted The Tenant of Wildfell Hall and East Lynne for Birmingham Repertory Theatre's Old Studio Theatre.
- Author(s)Lisa Evans
- PublisherOberon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOberon Books Ltd
- Weight99 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.