All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionHow did people in the late medieval period perceive and express social status? This volume brings together multi-disciplinary perspectives on representations of social difference in the Low Countries during a time of dynamic social change. The premise of the volume is that medieval social change may only be fully understood if hierarchies of wealth and power are examined alongside literary and artistic sources. Medieval texts and material culture expressed social standing and gave meaning to the experience of social change. The aim of the study is to recognise and translate the language of symbols used to encode and display status in the late Middle Ages.
- PublisherBrepols N.V.
- Date of Publication30/06/2005
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationTurnhout
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintBrepols N.V.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1021 g
- Width168 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.