Showtime: Magic, Kareem, Riley, and the Los Angeles Lakers Dynasty of the 1980s by Jeff Pearlman (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.82+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- Description<b>The<i>New York Times</i>bestselling author of<i>Sweetness</i>and <i>Gunslinger</i> delivers the first all-encompassing account of the 1980s Los Angeles Lakers, one of professional sports most-revered</b><b>and dominant</b><b>dynasties.</b> The Los Angeles Lakers of the 1980s personified the flamboyance and excess of the decade over which they reigned. Beginning with the arrival of Earvin Magic Johnson as the number-one overall pick of the 1979 draft, the Lakers played basketball with gusto and pizzazz, unleashing their famed Showtime run-and-gun style on a league unprepared for their speed and ferocity and became the most captivating show in sports and, arguably, in all-around American entertainment. The Lakers roster overflowed with exciting all-star-caliber players, including center Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and they were led by the incomparable Pat Riley, kwn for his slicked-back hair, his Armani suits, and his arrogant strut. Hollywood s biggest celebrities lined the court and gorgeous women flocked to the arena. Best of all, the team was a winner. Between 1980 and 1991, the Lakers played in an unmatched nine NBA championship series, capturing five of them. Bestselling sportswriter Jeff Pearlman draws from almost three hundred interviews to take the first full measure of the Lakers epic Showtime era. A dazzling account of one of America s greatest sports sagas, <i>Showtime</i>is packed with indelible characters, vicious rivalries, and jaw-dropping, behind-the-scenes stories of the players decadent Hollywood lifestyles. From the Showtime era s remarkable rise to its tragic end marked by Magic Johnson s 1991 anuncement that he had contracted HIV <i>Showtime</i>is a gripping narrative of sports, celebrity, and 1980s-style excess.
- Author Biography<b>Jeff Pearlman</b>is a<i>New York Times</i>bestselling author and sports writer. He has worked as a columnist for SI.com and ESPN.com, a senior writer for<i>Sports Illustrated</i>, a features writer for<i>Newsday</i>, and a contributor to<i>The Wall Street Journal</i>and CNN.com. He lives in New York.
- Author(s)Jeff Pearlman
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication02/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintGotham Books
- Weight386 g
- Width135 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.