All listings for this product
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.84
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $19.48
- AU $7.31Trending at AU $12.17
- AU $12.45Trending at AU $13.87
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.11
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.41
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $32.36
About this product
- DescriptionWith directly competing titles, Bradt's Slow Shropshire fills a much-needed gap in the market for a guide to an area that, of all of the UK's regions, is perhaps most synymous with 'Slow'. This new title from Bradt written by local author Marie Kreft places an emphasis on car-free travel, local produce and characterful accommodation. It includes detailed descriptions of place, historical overviews, ghost stories and folk tales, and first-hand accounts from Shropshire locals, as well as hand-picked restaurant recommendations based on long-standing kwledge and consultation with locals. Warm and witty writing combines with a natural enthusiasm for the region making this an indispensable guide to one of Britain's most scenic areas. Ludlow is ackwledged as the Slow Food capital of the UK, while the region as a whole is much celebrated, described by PG Wodehouse as the nearest earthly place to paradise . The guide is unapologetic in taking you the long way round: through ancient woodland, over bridges and 'Blue Remembered Hills', back in time, down footpaths, into castles, churches and interesting pubs, cheerfully savouring the authentic, the offbeat and the local.
- Author BiographyMarie Kreft is a former winner of the Bradt / Independent on Sunday travel-writing competition. She lives in Birmingham, a short hop from Shropshire to where she and her family escape at weekends for long walks and big dinners. Marie loves camping, real ale, old music, new theatre, cooking, backpacking, rail travel, secondhand books, odd historical facts, vintage shops, and spending time with her husband and son - who have helped her to slow down and enjoy the little things in life.
- Author(s)Marie Kreft
- PublisherBradt Travel Guides
- Date of Publication16/02/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBradt Travel Guides (Slow Travel Series)
- Place of PublicationBuckinghamshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBradt Travel Guides
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight363 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.