Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.83Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe Grand Prix Attack is one of White's most aggressive ways of fighting the Sicilian. It leads to a sharp, complex battle from the very beginning, and White's play is characterized by its lightning attacks against the black king. The opening became a powerful weapon to use in the cut and thrust of weekend tournament chess, where victory is everything and draws are t eugh. It steadily became more popular and even gained the seal of approval from some of the world's elite such as the UK's top two Grandmasters, Nigel Short and Michael Adams, who have both utilized it with success. In this book Gawain Jones, a Grand Prix Attack expert, studies this opening in a clear-cut and enjoyable way, introducing the key moves and ideas, and taking care to explain the reasoning behind them - something that has often been neglected or taken for granted. Everyman Chess' Starting Out series has firmly established itself as the leading guide to studying openings for up-and-coming players. These books are distinguished by their easy-to-read layout, the lucid explanations of the fundamentals, and the abundance of tes, tips and warnings to help the reader absorb vital ideas. Starting Out opening books are ideal for enthusiastic chess players who have little experience of the openings in question and who wish to appreciate the essential principles behind them. All the main lines are covered. It includes bonus chapters on the fashionable 2 Nc3 Nc6 3 Bb5. It is ideal for improving players. Starting Out: Sicilian Grand Prix Attack is a further addition to Everyman's best-selling Starting Out series, which has been acclaimed for its original approach to tackling chess openings. International Master Gawain Jones revisits the fundamentals of this opening, elaborating on the crucial early moves and ideas for both sides in a way that is often neglected in other texts.
- Author BiographyGawain Jones is an International Master, a many-time British Junior Champion and one of the UK's leading young players. He first hit the headlines when, as a nine-year-old, he became the youngest ever player to defeat an International Master in a competitive game. More recently he has scored two Grandmaster norms and achieved the individual silver medal playing top board in the European Club Championships.
- Author(s)Gawain Jones
- PublisherEveryman Chess
- Date of Publication08/01/2008
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Series TitleStarting Out Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman Chess
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.