All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the vel, Siddhartha, a young man, leaves his family for a contemplative life, then, restless, discards it for one of the flesh. He conceives a son, but bored and sickened by lust and greed, moves on again. Near dispair, Siddhartha comes to a river where he hears a unique sound. This sound signals the true beginning of life - the beginning of suffering, rejection, peace and, finally, wisdom.
- Author BiographyHerman Hesse is the author of <i>Siddhartha</i>, <i>Steppenwolf</i>, and <i>The Glass Bead Game</i>. He received the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1946.
- Author(s)Hermann Hesse
- PublisherBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group Inc
- Date of Publication31/12/1982
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group
- Weight84 g
- Width110 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $13.31Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.