All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis green guide to the Midwest states offers travellers unusual, fun, and invative places to visit--all with an environmentally conscious approach. From the National Mississippi River Aquarium in Dubuque, Iowa, to the Heartland Spa (in a former dairy barn!) in Gilman, Illiis, to Target Field (home of major league baseball's Minnesota Twins) in Minneapolis, these destinations are an eclectic mix ranging from low-budget to luxury and from city sites to prairies and the deep North Woods. Some meet LEED standards, recycle and refurbish old buildings, serve locally grown food, operate off the grid, or bring visitors close to wildlife. Intrepid traveller Mary Bergin covers Illiis, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin, plus a few cool places to visit in Indianapolis, Kansas City, St. Louis, and Nebraska City. Restaurants, lodging, festivals, parks, tours, farms, museums, nature centre's, factories, shops, wilderness areas, retreats, and more are included in this guide, along with stories, interviews, full-colour photos, maps, and an index.
- Author BiographyMary Bergin writes weekly Roads Traveled columns syndicated in daily newspapers throughout Wisconsin and at www.roadstraveled.com. Her other books include Eat Smart in Germany, Sidetracked in Wisconsin: A Guide for Thoughtful Travelers , and Hungry for Wisconsin: A Tasty Guide for Travelers .
- Author(s)Mary Bergin
- PublisherItchy Cat Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBlue Mounds
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintItchy Cat Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations, maps
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.