All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionIncreasingly from the 11th century AD, East Asian armies used exploding missiles and siege cann to reduce the fortifications of their enemies. These ranged from heavy siege cann such as those used during the sige of P'yongyang during the Japanese invasion of the late 16th century, a weapon that would have been similar to those used in contemporary Europe, to Korean hwach'a, carts mounting over a hundred rockets wihich were used to batter the Japanese at Haengiu in 1593. This is a level of techlogy that would t become available in Europe until the 19th century in its infancy, and the Second World War before it was practical on the battlefield. This book details the design and use of the wide range of weaponry available.
- Author BiographyStephen Turnbull is the world's leading English language authority on medieval Japan and the samurai. He has travelled extensively in the far east, particularly in Japan and Korea and is the author of The Samurai - A Military History, as well as numerous books for Osprey. Wayne Reynolds was born in Leeds, UK, where he also attended art college. He has had a life-long passion for illustration, and since 1991 has worked as a professional artist. Wayne has provided illustrations and source material for many gaming companies, creating figures, landscapes and interiors, as well as providing core characterisation. He is perhaps best known though for his work on titles such as 2000AD, Slaine, and Judge Dredd. A recent arrival to the Osprey stable, Wayne is also a keen modeller and historical re-enactor.
- Author(s)S.R. Turnbull
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/01/2002
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleOsprey New Vanguard S.
- Series Part/Volume Number44
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note49 b&w and colour illustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Wayne Reynolds
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.