All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study provides a look at the games and events that deaf people have organized for themselves. It is a look at the psychological forces that have influenced the development of cultural activities that are by and for the deaf community. The book gives an analysis of the sociological forces that have combined to create a community open to all deaf people regardless of race, education or social background. It takes readers to the schools to illustrate the responsibility that all people, deaf and hearing, have in making sure that young, deaf children have access to all that deaf sport has to offer.
- Author(s)Melanie Metzger
- PublisherGallaudet University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGallaudet University Press,U.S.
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.