All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is aimed to the shortwave listener, who is interested in digital signals. On more than 300 pages with many figures and tables the reader is introduced to the world of signal analysis. The book shall help a shortwave listener to identify digital radio signals. The different waveforms are explained and methodes are described how to analyse and retreave their main parameter. This includes for example the determination of the baud rate of an amplitude shift keying ASK, the measurement of the symbol rate of a phase shift keying PSK, the analysis of the parameter of one carrier of an orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing OFDM or the identification of the different values of a frequency hopping signal. The reader is shown that the same methodes used for determination of a contius frequency shift keying FSK can be used for a frequency hopping system with short bursts. Step by step the reader gets an introduction to the different methods for measurement of the main parameter of a waveform. Comprehensive tables like i.e. used alpabets, protocols, coding or designation of emissions are helping to identify the different waveforms on shortwave.
- Author BiographyRoland Proesch was born in 1960 in Kiel. He studied communication technology in Hamburg at the University of the German Army. Since 1977 he is a licensed radio amateur which has enabled him to pursue one of his most profound interests, namely all types of digital communication. He works in the field of all different kinds of radio monitoring, electronic warfare and satellite communication for over 25 years.
- Author(s)Roland Proesch
- PublisherBooks on Demand
- Date of Publication26/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooks on Demand
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight585 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.