All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeaches the analytical skills necessary to glean value from the warehouses of accumulating data In this age of so-called Big Data, organizations are scrambling to implement new software and hardware to increase the amount of data they collect and store. However, in doing so they are unwittingly making it harder to find the needles of useful information in the rapidly growing mounds of hay. If you don't kw how to differentiate signals from ise, adding more ise only makes things worse. When we rely on data for making decisions, how do we tell what qualifies as a signal and what is merely ise? In and of itself, data is neither. Assuming that data is accurate, it is merely a collection of facts. When a fact is true and useful, only then is it a signal. When it's t, it's ise. It's that simple. In Signal, Stephen Few provides the straightforward, practical instruction in everyday signal detection that has been lacking until w. Using data visualization methods, he teaches how to apply statistics to gain a comprehensive understanding of one's data and adapts the techniques of Statistical Process Control in new ways to detect t just changes in the metrics but also changes in the patterns that characterize data.
- Author BiographyStephen Few has worked for over 25 years as an information technology innovator, teacher, and consultant. As the principal of the consultancy Perceptual Edge, he focuses on practical uses of data visualisation to explore, analyse, and present quantitative business information. He lives in Berkeley, California.
- Author(s)Stephen Few
- PublisherAnalytics Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnalytics Press
- Weight1122 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.