All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe #1 Practical Guide to Signal Integrity Design-Now Updated with Extensive New Coverage! This book brings together up-to-the-minute techniques for finding, fixing, and avoiding signal integrity problems in your design. Drawing on his work teaching more than five thousand engineers, world-class signal and power integrity expert Eric Bogatin systematically reviews the root causes of all six families of signal integrity problems and shows how to design them out early in the design cycle. This edition's extensive new content includes a brand-new chapter on S-parameters in signal integrity applications, and ather on power integrity and power distribution network design-topics at the forefront of contemporary electronics design. Coverage includes * A fully up-to-date introduction to signal integrity and physical design * How design and techlogy selection can make or break the performance of the power distribution network * Exploration of key concepts, such as plane impedance, spreading inductance, decoupling capacitors, and capacitor loop inductance * Practical techniques for analyzing resistance, capacitance, inductance, and impedance * Solving signal integrity problems via rules of thumb, analytic approximation, numerical simulation, and measurement * Understanding how interconnect physical design impacts signal integrity * Managing differential pairs and losses * Harnessing the full power of S-parameters in high-speed serial link applications * Ensuring power integrity throughout the entire power distribution path * Realistic design guidelines for improving signal integrity, and much moreUnlike books that concentrate on theoretical derivation and mathematical rigor, this book emphasizes intuitive understanding, practical tools, and engineering discipline. Designed for electronics industry professionals from beginners to experts it will be an invaluable resource for getting signal integrity designs right the first time, every time.
- Author BiographyEric Bogatin received his B.S. in physics from MIT in 1976 and his M.S. and Ph.D. in physics from the University of Arizona in Tucson in 1980. For more than thirty years he has been active in the fields of signal integrity and interconnect design. He worked in senior engineering and management roles at AT&T Bell Labs, Raychem Corp., Sun Microsystems, and Interconnect Devices Inc. Recognizing a need in the industry for quality technical training in signal integrity, he created Bogatin Enterprises, which has grown to be a world-leading provider of signal integrity training services. As a Signal Integrity Evangelist, Eric turns complexity into practical design principles, leveraging commercially available analysis techniques and measurement tools. Over the years, he has created a number of live classes and presented to more than five thousand engineers, worldwide. These include topics on transmission lines, differential pairs, switching noise, ground bounce, the power distribution network, and EMI. Some courses cover the use of TDR and VNA measurement techniques to characterize interconnects. In addition, Eric is a prolific author with more than three hundred publications, many posted on his web site, www.beTheSignal.com, for free download. He regularly presents at DesignCon, PCB West, Mentor User Group Meetings, and the IPC's Designer Day annual event. In the past ten years, he has written regular monthly columns for Printed Circuit Design and Fabrication magazine, Semiconductor International, Electronic Packaging and Production, Altera Corporation, and Mentor Graphics Corporation. He is on the editorial board of Printed Circuit Design and Fabrication magazine and Microinterconnects Newsletter.
- Author(s)Eric Bogatin
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication17/07/2009
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1111 g
- Width179 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.