All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionSignaling Pathways in Liver Diseases, Third Edition again provides hepatologists and hepatology researchers with an expert overview of the complex and vel cellular/extracellular signaling pathways in the liver, and their role in liver diseases. The last few years have seen a great number of developments in this field, which in turn have led to new opportunities for invative treatments; however, the intricacy of these pathways and their interactions continue to provide a real challenge for clinicians. This outstanding book compiles the emerging kwledge into a single expert resource, cataloguing and organizing it into an accessible and understandable format. With increased focus on the comprehension of cellular mechanisms involved in steatohepatitis, cirrhosis, and liver tumors, which has led to changes in the management of these diseases, this new edition also sees the introduction of exciting new chapters on key emerging areas such as: * Autophagy * Notch Pathway * P13K/PTEN Signaling in Liver Diseases * Sirtuins * Hepcidin and Iron * Epigenetic Regulation of Hepatic Stellate Cells and Liver Fibrosis * Oxidative Stress and Signaling in the Liver. Professors Dufour and Clavien have assembled an all-star cast of chapter authors, each of whom has provided clear and appropriate illustrations to reinforce the text, with a key points box offering a concise and handy summary. Self-assessment questions and answers allow the reader to test their own kwledge. Signaling Pathways in Liver Disease, Third Edition is the perfect educational and reference tool to bridge the information exchange between the laboratory, the clinical ward, and the operating room, and an essential tool for the modern-day hepatologist.
- Author BiographyProfessor Jean-Francois Dufour, MD, PhD, Chief, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Clinic Visceral Surgery and Medicine, Bern, Switzerland. Professor Dufour is on the governing board of the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL). He also serves as Associate Editor for the Wiley journal Liver International and is on the editorial board for the following journals: Journal of Hepatology; Clinical Science; World Journal of Gastroenterology Professor Pierre-Alain Clavien, MD, PhD, FACS, FRCS (Eng), FRCS (Ed), Professor and Chairman, Department of Surgery. Head, Division of Visceral & Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland. Professor Clavien is a world-wide renowned surgeon-scientist, currently professor and chairman of the Department of Surgery in Zurich, Switzerland. His areas of research include organ preservation, liver ischemia-reperfusion injury and regeneration, and pathogenesis of cancer, as well as outcome research. He received many competitive grants and awards, including one of the most prestigious prices for scientific research, the Otto Naegeli Award.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1282 g
- Width193 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJean-Francois Dufour,Pierre-Alain Clavien
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.