All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSignatures in the Cell is the first major statement by a scientist to argue that intelligent design is as the best explanation for the origin of life on earth. In this thoughtful and challenging book, scientist Stephen Meyer summarises and critiques current evolutionary theories and goes on to show that the evidence itself makes a strong case for intelligent design. This book shows that the argument for intelligent design from DNA is t based on igrance or a desire to give up on science, but instead upon just the opposite: our growing scientific kwledge of the inner workings of the cell and our kwledge of the cause-and-effect structure of the world. For this reason the argument for design can be formulated as a rigorous scientific argument. In fact, the argument for intelligent design from DNA is based on the same method of scientific reasoning that Darwin himself used.
- Author BiographyStephen C. Meyer received his Ph.D. from the University of Cambridge in the philosophy of science after working as an oil industry geophysicist. He now directs the Center for Science and Culture at the Discovery Institute in Seattle, Washington. He authored Signature in the Cell, a (London) Times Literary Supplement Book of the Year.
- Author(s)Stephen C. Meyer
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2010
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight653 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine40 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.55
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.