CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $32.33
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
About this product
- DescriptionThis exceptionally written fictional romance weaves the themes of predestination, palmistry, reincarnation, dream travel, and destiny. Narrated from the perspective of the main character, Rafael Valverde, this unique story grips the reader's attention as he lives through relationships with his manipulative father, his deceased mother, love connections, and friendships. His authoritative father always demanded that Rafael become a financier, and assume power of his elaborate estate. But Rafael protests by following the genetically-rooted artistic talents he has inherited from his maternal side, and he chooses to study art at Penn. To further complicate their strained relationship, the father and son become estranged after Rafael's nearly fatal car crash. When the pendulum of time again swings, it becomes evident to both of them that they are each a unique blend of genetics, worldly influences, and desires and, at times and under certain circumstances, they are one and the same. Rafael's sketches and paintings often reflect the beautiful women of his life, including his beloved mother, Spain's most popular actress named Gisele, and an Egyptian beauty who touched his heart by rescuing him from the rain. At an art show in Madrid, all of his paintings are sold with the exception of the portrait of Gisele, which is declared priceless. As a result, his art reputation becomes rewned and celebrated via the inclusion of Gisele on publications worldwide. The lives of Rafael's love interests are many. Alison, whose early death is predicted by a palmist, and the attraction of Pilar to Rafael years ago as teenagers, add depth and passion to this story of romantic relationships, and how they envelop people as destiny takes its course. Predictions and forecasts of the characters' destinies abound with compelling accuracy. The characters truly care for one ather in very diverse ways. The human spirit triumphs in finding romance and pleasure, despite the often rigid and dangerous powers of destiny. The nebulous images depicted in dreams and the predictions of the chiromancy by a Spiritualist provide an intriguing pararmal element that threads its way throughout Signs of Destiny. The story blends trails of life and love, death and destiny in a dramatic, serious and sometimes, sorrowful way, but always touched by the humor that life often presents. The love experienced by the unforgettable characters in this dramatic vel authored by C. Michael Bennis is one of extremes-restrained and uncontrolled, revengeful and with abandonment, hurtful and comforting, lustful, and incent. Follow the life, relationships, and emotions of the characters of the Signs of Destiny, especially Rafael, which parallel our lives and the lives of those who we can only imagine.
- Author BiographyC. Michael Bennis studied at the Universidad Complutense in Madrid, and later graduated from the University of Colorado. He was part of the 1961 University of Colorado Big 8 Champion football team as well as the 1962 Orange Bowl squad. He graduated from the Thunderbird School of Global Management, and is bilingual in English and Spanish. Signs of Destiny is Bennis' second published book, and he now enjoys living in Tucson, Arizona as a toy and advertising industry executive. Bennis' father was Chuck Bennis, the Illini All-Century football player who earned All-Big Ten and All-American Honors in 1933 and 1934, and served as co-captain of the 1934 team. He was named I Man of the Year in 1978, one year after George Halas earned the same award. The fans also voted his father to the twenty-five man All-Century Team during the Illinois Football Centennial Celebration in 1990. Chuck Bennis died on May 14, 2006 at the age of ninety-five years old.
- Author(s)C Michael Bennis
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.