All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis journey through Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, captures a glimpse of Amish Country through 240 color photographs of unique signs in their natural settings. The signs and graphics of official markers, one-room schoolhouses, roadside stands, cottage industries, local trades, and many more tell the story of this special place. Zero in on the signage of one farm or one road, as well as the seasonal delights of summer and fall. See the many ways the area supports horses and the transportation and agriculture that rely on them. Join the photographer on a scenic adventure through back roads, expansive farmland, and quaint villages, with informative and entertaining anecdotes along the way. You'll discover new details every time you page through this extraordinary picture book. It's a tour of Amish country like ne other. For armchair tourists, sign buffs, and photography fans alike.
- Author BiographyTana Reiff is the author of fiction and folktale retellings at easy reading levels. Following a career in adult literacy, she began exploring Lancaster County, where she has lived for over 40 years, with camera in hand.
- Author(s)Tana Reiff
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note240 colour photos
- Weight572 g
- Width279 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.