All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionDancing Horizon 1970-1982 is a comprehensive collection of the photographic work of Icelandic artist Sigurdur Gudmundsson (born 1942), the Nordic father of Conceptual photography, focusing on a critical period in his development. In the 1970s Gudmundsson made a famous series of conceptual photographs he called Situations, in which the artist is posed with various props--for example, balancing a wooden slat on his head to make visual contact with the horizon in the background, or digging himself into the grass. Influenced by the informality and unpredictability of international Fluxus, which Gudmundsson encountered in the late 1960s as a member of the progressive Icelandic artists' collective Sum, the Situations are humorous, absurd and lyrical; they have been characterized as visual poems. More than 80 artworks are reproduced here (many of them rarely exhibited or published), along with previously unpublished studies.
- Author(s)Kristin Dagmar Johannesdottir
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationReykjavik
- Country of PublicationIceland
- Weight1338 g
- Width240 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.