Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionClassic genres of the fine arts are characterized by t requiring any sounds or voice. However, this nverbal quality allows works of art to become a challenge for art history, which is bound to language and writing. The expression silent poetry used for painting or architecture is an eloquent indicator for the communicative effect of forms of expression, which are measured by language but whose silent gestures nevertheless have to be judged using their own categories. The topos of the underlying n-describability of art refers to aspects like aura and atmosphere, opening the wide field of pictorial rhetoric, and leading up to the museum practices used to hang paintings. The text is in English, French, and German.
- Author BiographyAndreas Beyer is a full professor of art history of the early modern period at the University of Basel. From 2009 to 2013 he was director of the German Forum for Art History (Centre Allemand d Histoire de L Art) in Paris.Laurent Le Bon is the president of the Musee Picasso.
- PublisherDeutscher Kunstverlag
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitlePassagen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDeutscher Kunstverlag
- Weight839 g
- Width168 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAndreas Beyer,Laurent Le Bon
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.