All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarl Hammond, the wealthy patriarch of a family of ranchers, lies dead, shot just as he was to donate his Coquina Ranch to the state to preserve it from developers. Spearheading the plan to save this environmental treasure was Thorn, a reluctant heir to a secret family fortune, who w finds himself in terrible danger as well. A pair of deviant brothers, both contract killers, kidnap and imprison him in a sinkhole-a dungeon from which there is escape.But Frisco Hammond, the dark sheep of the family, is drawn into the investigation of his father's murder and Thorn's disappearance. He suspects the crimes are related. Helping him is his brother's beautiful, troubled wife, Clare. They uncover a trail that leads back to the 1930s, to a cabal of powerful and rich men with a sinister plan.Silencer pits brother against brother and wife against husband in a thriller that proves once again that James W. Hall is a master of suspense (Publishers Weekly).
- Author BiographyJames W. Hall is the author of four books of poetry, a collection of short stories, a collection of essays, and fifteen novels, including Under Cover of Daylight, Tropical Freeze, Bones of Coral, Hard Aground, Mean High Tide, Gone Wild, Buzz Cut, and Red Sky at Night. His books have been translated into a dozen languages, including Japanese, Swedish, French, German, and Russian. Several of his novels have been optioned for film, and James has written screenplays for two of those projects. His novels have been Book-of-the-Month and Literary Guild selections, and he won an Edgar Award for Best Short Story in 2005. He was a Fulbright professor of literature in Spain and is currently a professor of literature and writing at Florida International University. He and his wife Evelyn divide their time between South Florida and the mountains of western North Carolina. Ed Sala, an actor and a writer, has appeared at Carnegie Hall and both on and off Broadway. His plays have been performed in regional theaters across the country. He has won numerous AudioFile Earphones Awards for his audiobook narrations, including one for Finn by Jon Clinch, and Best Books for Young Adults Awards from the American Library Association. His performance of White Doves at Morning by James Lee Burke was selected by AudioFile as one of the fifteen best audiobooks of the year.
- Author(s)James W. Hall
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication18/01/2010
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleThorn Mysteries
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 11
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Ed Sala
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time570
- Edition StatementUnabridged
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $27.02
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.55
- AU $44.58Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $21.60Trending at AU $28.20
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $34.72
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $48.49
- AU $14.19Trending at AU $24.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.