All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnimal lovers and history buffs will delight at this marvelous collection documenting the fearless creatures that went beyond training and duty to display selfless acts of devotion to man during wartime. Compiled from eyewitness accounts, each chapter reveals a startling act of heroism performed by a wide variety of mammalsincluding dogs, cats, a bear, and a donkey. Ranging from the Afghan wars of 1879 through World War I and World War II, maps and a wealth of archive photographs are used to place each inspirational tale in the context of the battle or campaign in whichthey occur. Uncovering new research and featuringpreviously classified material, these memorable accounts embrace history while celebrating the valiant deeds of man s many, furry friends.
- Author BiographyEvelyn le Chene is a commentator for British television and radio, a press writer, and the author of Mauthausen and Watch for Me by Moonlight.
- Author(s)Evelyn Le Chene
- PublisherSouvenir Press Ltd
- Date of Publication07/09/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSouvenir Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations throughout
- Weight476 g
- Width170 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.