All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.13
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.03
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionIn a crumbling mansion in a gentrified former fishing village on the Turkish coast, the widow Fatma awaits the annual visit of her grandchildren: Faruk, a dissipated historian; his sensitive leftist sister, Nilgun; and Metin, a high schooler drawn to the fast life of the uveaux riche. Bedridden, Fatma is attended by her faithful servant Recep, a dwarf and her late husband s illegitimate son. Mistress and servant share memories, and grievances, from the past. But the arrival of Recep s cousin, Hasan, a fervent right-wing nationalist, threatens to draw the family into the political cataclysm arising from Turkey s tumultuous century-long struggle for modernity. Written in the 1980s but never before published in English, this spellbinding vel is a stunning addition to the works of Nobel Prize-winning author Orhan Pamuk.
- Author Biography<b>Orhan Pamuk</b> won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2006. His novel<i>My Name Is Red</i>won the 2003 IMPAC Dublin Literary Award. His work has been translated into more than sixty languages.
- Author(s)Orhan Pamuk
- Date of Publication02/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Series TitleVintage International
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight272 g
- Width124 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.