All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionSilent Music breaks down the barriers between science and religion, as well as between religions themselves, in order to extrapolate a comprehensive understanding of the science of meditation. Johnston explores the concept of meditation from all perspectives in a rich account that runs the gamut from friendship to biofeedback. Understanding all approaches and incorporating them into a united vision, Silent Music reveals as new way of understanding the mystical and our search for wisdom in the modern world. Included is a glossary of terms and an index.
- Author BiographyWilliam Johnston S.J., an Irish priest who teaches at Sophia University in Tokyo, is the author of many acclaimed books, including, from Fordham University Press, Christian Zen: A Way of Meditation, Being in Love: The Practice of Christian Prayer, and Silent Music: The Science of Meditation.
- Author(s)William Johnston
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1997
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Content Noteglossary, index
- Weight440 g
- Width204 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.