All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing up in London in the aftermath of the Second World War, Ruth is an observant and thoughtful child who finds herself in a confusing and mysterious adult world. She seeks refuge in her memories of her idyllic stays with her grandparents in the picturesque East Anglian countryside - which provide comforting visions of a simpler life. As she comes to terms with her surroundings and her own adolescence, Ruth finds the motivation to pursue the tantalizing dream which governs her life from early childhood, and discovers some family secrets along the way.A coming-of-age vel about the unpredictable nature of human behaviour and about taking control of one's destiny, Silent Music is a timeless portrait of post-war Britain, as well as a lyrical paean to hope and aspiration.
- Author BiographyDr Jane Hawking, who was Stephen Hawking's wife for over twenty years, is a writer and lecturer. Her book At Home in France was published in 1994, followed by her memoir Travelling to Infinity which became an Oscar-winning movie in 2015 under the title The Theory of Everything.
- Author(s)Jane Hawking
- PublisherAlma Books Ltd
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSurrey
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlma Books Ltd
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $14.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.