All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEleven-year-old Kyra Starbard has a proud family legacy of interpreting the future from the stars' songs. But her deafness, incurable by the best medics, breaks her mothers heart and pushes her father to try anything--including the expensive purchase of a telepathic alien servant, to help Kyra communicate on a planet inhospitable to disability. Marnes telepathy is too weak for his Naratsset culture, so he is sold into slavery and expects to die at the hands of cruel owners--until he meets a human child who begs her father to save him. Her kindness introduces Marne to a new world--one where he would risk his life to save a human from her own peoples abuse and the stars' songs can touch even a deaf girl and a defective telepath. But there are forces that believe Starbards, whether they can hear the stars are t, should be utterly destroyed. Can the two friends, t good eugh for either of their cultures or families, manage to keep each other safe when several different worlds threaten their lives?
- Author BiographyT. J. Wooldridge, also known as Trisha J. Wooldridge, is the current president of Broad Universe (www.broaduniverse.org). Her writing can be found in the EPIC award-winning Bad-Ass Faeries anthologies; Journal of New England Horror Writer's Epitaphs (2011) and Wicked Seasons (2013) anthologies; Corrupts Absolutely? from Damnation Press; Once Upon an Apocalypse anthology (2013); and Poetry Locksmith.
- Author(s)T. J. Wooldridge
- PublisherSpencer Hill Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpencer Hill Press
- Weight280 g
- Width132 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.39
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.88
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.41
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.83
- AU $26.72Trending at AU $31.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.