All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHighlighting visions of a bygone age preserved in the background of Harold Lloyd's films, this history explores the landscapes of popular film locations through archival photographs, vintage maps and scores of then-and-w photographs. From Coney Island to Beverley Hills, LLoyd's timeless movies reflect the early 20th century visions on the silver screen, found in classics such as Safety Last, Girl Shy, The Freshman and Speedy. Tracing Lloyd's career from his early work to being a studio owner.
- Author BiographyJohn Bengtson is a business lawyer and film historian who discovered the magic of silent comedy at an early age. He is the author of the critically acclaimed Silent Traces: Discovering Early Hollywood Through the Films of Charlie Chaplin, Silent Echoes: Discovering Early Hollywood Through the Films of Buster Keaton, and Silent Visions: Discovering Early Hollywood and New York Through the Films of Harold Lloyd. Bengtson has presented his work on Buster Keaton as keynote speaker at events hosted by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the American Cinematheque at the Egyptian Theatre, and the UCLA Film and Television Archive. He is a featured columnist of the Keaton Chronicle newsletter, and lives in the San Francisco Bay area with his two daughters.
- Author(s)John Bengston
- PublisherSanta Monica Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2011
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSanta Monica Press
- Weight1001 g
- Width279 mm
- Height217 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.70
- AU $9.06Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.87
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.83
- AU $20.29Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.