All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionAfter her aspiring hockey star and big brother Jamie dies, Samantha Riley's family goes into a tailspin. Her father becomes a workaholic and her mother goes into an almost comatose sleep. Fourteen-year-old Samantha is left trying to hold the family and the farm together, something she's t sure she's cut out for. Then one night, after an argument with her father, Samantha and her dog Reliable get lost in a violent storm. Eventually they find shelter in an abandoned silo where she finds the surprise of her lifetime. There's a boy living in the silo! And, he looks an awful lot like her dead brother, Jamie! But Corbin's goal has thing to do with hockey. His goal is to get Samantha to reduce carbon emissions on their Ohio farm by 40,000 pounds a year. Holy moley! Samantha Riley is on a quest! Samantha begins greening up the farm, but in her efforts to heal the planet, she inadvertently finds she's found healing for herself and her family, and maybe the whole community.
- Author BiographyLeif Peterson is the author of the novel Catherine Wheels and the short story collection Normal Like Us. He holds an MFA from the University of Colorado in Boulder. Born on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay, he now lives with his wife and children in Northwest Montana where he writes and recycles.
- Author(s)Leif Peterson
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.