All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this delightful homage to the w unfashionable Neapolitan poet, two contemporary poets who share a fascination with his work present their selection of fresh versions from his best-kwn collection. In their introductions they explore the background to his work and the qualities, literary and human, which drew them to him.
- Author BiographyPublius Papinius Statius (c. 45-96 AD) was a prize-winning poet whose reputation remained high until well into the Middle Ages. He featured both in Chaucer's House of Fame (as 'Stace') and in Dante's Divine Comedy, where he is called 'il dolce poeta'.Anthony Howell, born in 1945, is well known as a performance artist and as poet. He has published eleven collections of poetry, several A- including his Selected Poems (2000) and Dancers in Daylight (2003) A- with Anvil, as well as a novel and other prose works.Bill Shepherd, born in 1935, is a therapeutic counsellor. His Horace: The Complete Odes and Epodes and Propertius: The Poems were published as Penguin Classics in the 1980s. Several collections of his poetry have appeared, including three from Anvil. His most recent is Mother's Milk (Menard, 2006).
- Author(s)Publius Papinius Statius
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight132 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Translated byBill Shepherd,Anthony Howell
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.82
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.